Blackfoot Quilt Fest!
March 30th, 31st, and April 1st 2017
Snake River JR High School
We are so excited to invite you to participate in the 5th Annual Blackfoot Quilt Fest! We have a large variety of classes to choose from, so be sure to bring a friend to come experience all the fun! We are holding the festival at the Snake River JR High (918 W Highway 39, Blackfoot, ID 83221). Click on the address to get directions.
1. Fill out the complete application with all the information required.
Select your 1st and 2nd choice for each time period, but only pay for your 1st choice. Classes are $15.00 per half-day or $30.00 all day.
2. All kit/pattern fees are to be paid to the teacher in class. DO NOT include class kit/pattern fees with registration.
3. A Registration fee of $15.00 is due with every registration. Keep in mind this will get you a wonderful welcome packet with many goodies and coupons from our vendors or local shops. The $15 also covers the entry charge into the Vendors Mall and quilt show.
4. Payment in full must accompany your registration form.
5. A $25.00 fee will be charged for insufficient funds on returned checks.
Here is some extra information that you might find helpful.
• Our minimum class size will be 6 students and maximum class size is anywhere from 10 to 20. Classes that don’t generate enough interest will be cancelled in mid-February. You will be notified if your class is cancelled.
• The registration and class fees are non-refundable. You are allowed to sell your classes to another person, but please let us know if you do that.
• Trunk shows will be held on all 3 days during the lunch break. It will be free to come and watch. There will be door prizes so come and enjoy the show!
• Lunch will be available to those that pre-register for it. Our local Soroptimist group is providing the lunch and all of the proceeds go to the organization. Lunch is $8 per day. Please register for lunch to help support such a great organization.
• We will have quilts on display and a vendor’s mall in the gym. Everyone is welcome to come and browse these areas. The vendors mall and quilt show will be open from 10 am-6 pm both days. If you’ve registered for a class the entry charge for the quilt show and vendors mall is included in your registration. If you are not registered for a class you are welcome to come and browse these areas for $3.00 per person. Kids 10 and under get in free. If you would like to enter a quilt in our quilt show please call Jenny Callison 208-681-8264 or email email@example.com.
• For those planning to stay at a hotel, the Best Western and Super 8 in Blackfoot have both given us a rate for our festival guests but you must mention you are here for the Blackfoot Quilt Festival when you are making your reservations.
• You will receive your class confirmation, time schedule and other information via e-mail if you have given us your e-mail address or it will be mailed to you. Final confirmation of requested classes is subject to availability and minimum enrollment restrictions.
• Classes are held each morning from 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.; lunch is from 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 a.m.; free trunk show begins at 12:15 p.m., and afternoon classes are held from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. We will have space available for open sew from 8:30a.m to 5:30 p.m. each day.
• Your basic sewing kit (BSK) needs to consists of: sewing machine (don’t forget your cord) in good working order (bring manual), mat, rotary cutter, rulers, thread, needles, pre-wound bobbins, extension cord, iron/mat, pins, paper, pencils, and of course Chocolate!! (Isn’t that part of your BSK?)
• There is a possibility the class you choose will be full or not enough people will sign up. Please make a second choice. If you are signing up for an ALL DAY workshop, fill in both morning and afternoon time slots and list a second choice for each time. Pay special attention to classes as several are full day classes. Note: Once you arrive at the Quilt fest, if you would like to enroll in more classes, you are welcome to do that so long as there is space available in the class.