Description of Class
Posh Penelope is a fun scrappy quilt that combines gradual curves with on point sashing and cornerstones. The perfect mix of modern and traditional elements that create a quilt that is timeless. This is a “stash pattern” and requires the Quick Curve Ruler by Sew Kind of Wonderful. If you are afraid of inside or outside curves, this class is for you. No pinning. The Quick Curve Ruler does the work.
Teacher: Daenette More
Finished Size: 69″x80″
Skill Level: Beginner/Intermediate
Class Time: Saturday, April 4th 8:30-11:30am & 2:00-5:00pm
Pattern: $12 (Paid to teacher on day of the class)
Kit: No kit
Fabric for 1 Block 11 1/2″x11 1/2″:
(4) 6 1/2″x6 3/4″ assorted fabrics;
(2) 5″x5″ assorted fabrics for corner accent sashing
(4) 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ assorted fabrics for outside edge corners.
Fabric for quilt 69″x80″:
(168) 6 1/2″x6 3/4″ assorted fabrics;
(42) 5″x10″ assorted fabrics (or (84) 5″x5″squares);
(42) 6″x6″ assorted fabrics;
(42) 14″x20″ assorted background (or 6 1/4 yards background fabric;
6 yards Backing and 1/2 yard binding.
The Quick Curve Ruler is needed to cut the pedal curves. This is a one block quilt with no borders. Cutting instructions for 1 block:
(4) 6 1/2″x6 3/4″ assorted fabrics (A);
(2) 5″x5″ assorted fabrics for corner accent sashing (cut in half diagonally)(E);
(4) 2 3/4″x2 3/4″ assorted fabrics for outside edge corners(F);
Cutting instructions for 69″ x 80″ quilt:
(42) blocks made with instructions above. Label and put fabric pieces in separate baggie for each block. Bring at least 4 to class.
Quick Curve Ruler ( by Sew Kind of Wonderful) $25.00 required ;
6″x6″ or 6 1/2″x 6 1/2″ square ruler;
Rotary cutter with new blade and a small cutting mat (12″x18″)
BSK (Basic Sewing Kit: Sewing Machine in working order with power cord & foot pedal, thread, extra sewing needle, straight pins, paper scissors, fabric scissors, seam ripper, rotary cutter with a fresh blade, a ruler that is sufficient for the class, cutting mat, paper & pens/pencil for taking notes, iron and your favorite treats)